In Algebra II,, we’ve recently been delving into quadratics. I recently blogged about how I taught completing the square and the quadratic formula, and put up a bunch of resources. Since then, we’ve moved on to graphing quadratics, followed by inequalities.
The complete topic list for inequalities is:
I’ve been trying something new, which is creating packets for students to work on. In essence, I’m creating my own textbook for these sorts of questions. I thought I’d share them with you in case they prove useful . I’m pretty proud of them — and they way they fit together and build up understanding, not just providing a method to solving problems.
1. PACKET 1: Linear and Quadratic Inequalities on the Number Line (PDF version)
2. Additional Homework on Quadratic Inequalities (PDF version)
3. PACKET II: Linear and Quadratic Inequalities on the Coordinate Plane (PDF version)
4. PACKET III: Systems of Inequalities (Linear and Linear-Quadratic) (PDF version)
5. Additional Homework on Systems of Inequalities (PDF version)
6. Pop Quiz on Inequalities and Quadratics (PDF version)
Hopefully they’ll be useful to someone else out there!
 The formatting might be a bit off for you… It looks slightly off (meaning the pages don’t end where I intended them to end) on my mac but fine on my PC. I think you need to make sure that on a Mac you select all and convert the font to “Gill Sans” (on a PC, I think it’s called “Gill Sans MT”, which is creating the problem).
UPDATE: PDFs posted, without typographic weirdnesses.