I’m sorry for being so incommunicado recently. There’s been a confluence of things that have prevented me from posting anything — and will probably affect me for a week or two coming up. Which is why I thought I’d at least say “hey, I’m not gone for good…”
1. Spring break just happened
2. The quarter is ending this Friday
3. I have to write narrative comments on every one of my students by next Thursday
4. I have to have finalized grades (meaning everything must be graded!) by this Friday
5. I’ve had two major computer catastrophes at the same time (one on PC, one on mac), both of which are thankfully now averted
6. We’re hiring in our department and this will take up some of my time in the next two weeks
If you take anything from this, I want to highlight #5 and say: BACKUP.
Backup. Don’t put it off. Just sign up for Dropbox (click this if you’re going to sign up and I get some extra free space!) or Box.net and make sure you don’t lose all those materials you’ve been creating/hoarding, and your gradebook doesn’t disappear into the electronic ether.
And if the title to the post didn’t make sense, just for fun: